Friday, December 19, 2008

AngrY?

When was the last time that my dear reader lost his/her temper? No, please actually think about that. Done? Now... Was it worth it? Please dont be a smartass and tell me that it was justified etc etc. Was it worth it? Did you feel good about yourself later? Do you feel good about yourself now? If the answers to the last two questions are yes, please stop reading and think about your life.
Anger is not a strange emotion to me. There was a phase in my life where i would get angry for the silliest of reasons and unleash my temper or anyone and everyone. That was five years ago. I admit it here on a public site... The last five years have been bliss. I have learned to control my temper. This one change in my life has brought me wonderful peace in my life. I now have friends and family who look forward to my arrival. They genuinely want me around. That feeling i did not have earlier. I had it as a polite feeling from relatives. But never from any friends. Hell i didnt really have many back then.
What changed? I honestly cant remember what trigerred it, but i decided that i will not resort to anger to solve my problems anymore. When i passed out of school i left my temper behind. Here we have junior college and i honestly made an effort to be a new person when i entered the gates of the college. You will not believe me. The friends i made that year, are my best friends to this day. I carried on that trend when i entered another college for my b.tech degree. I admit i did not make a good impression in the first semester but i honestly made an effort to change and today i am blessed with a friend who would never leave my side and who i would easily trust with my life.
The point of this blog is this, anger is the one emotion that ruins relationships. Its absence strangely brings forth many. Being one who has actually experienced this, i ask my readers to do themselves a favour. Do you have a close friend? Anyone that you trust with your life? Someone who you just cant see hurt? If yes, Please never ever lose your temper or get angry with that person. You are hurting yourself. No one else. If my reader does not possess such a person, well, you really need to find yourself a friend. trust me. I thought i would be fine by myself. I wouldnt be anywhere near this happy if not for my dear bud.

No comments: